The Basics Of Self Funding
July 18, 2014 • 1:00 - 2:30 PM
Omni Nashville Hotel
“Do you want to increase your level of expertise and be seen as a consultative expert? Join HCAA for an informative seminar about the value of Self Funding health care benefit plans, including the pros and cons. We will compare Self Funding to fully insured options as well as discuss the process involved in managing a Self Funded benefit plan. HCAA would like to invite local brokers, consultants, underwriters and interested parties to attend this seminar on the Basics of Self Funding, on Friday, July 18th at 1PM, at the OMNI Nashville.
Here are some reasons why YOU should attend this special event!
1) In light of the passage of ACA, the number of employers wanting to explore Self Insurance as an option is increasing.
2) Self Funding should be another tool in your benefits arsenal for your clients.
3) Brokers are watching their commission levels drop or disappear – learn about “Plan Management Fees” that you can charge for managing a Self Insured program. These fees can help you preserve your desired level of income.
4) Educate yourself about this fast growing segment of the industry and set yourself apart from your competition
5) If you are a Property and Casualty Broker, Self Insurance may be an entrée to cross sell to your existing block of business
6) The class is focused at raising the awareness of the broker/consultant community on the benefits of self funding while providing them with the basic vocabulary and information to enable them to provide a more balanced approach benefits offering to the employer community
The seminar will last 90 minutes – there will be 60 minutes of instruction and followed by a 30 minute discussion and Q&A with the instructors. HCAA has applied for one CEU credit in Tennessee for this seminar. Each Attendee wanting CEU credit will be required to sign in and out on a Roster. Post seminar, Attendees will be sent a copy of the seminar PowerPoint.